.Plextor recently announced the availability of its latest PX-810UF 18X DVD±R Burner with USB 2.0 and FireWire Interfaces. Combining the 18X DVD±R and 12 X DVD-RAM performances of Plextor’s PX-810 Series with the convenience and portability of USB the latest model is designed to delivers Data Transfer Speeds up to 480 MB/Sec. It is available at an MSRP of $139.00 USD in North and South America.
Fast DVD Recording Speeds:
- 18X DVD±R on single-layer media
- 10X DVD±R on Double-Layer
- Dual-Layer (DL) media
- 2X DVD-RAM
- 8X DVD+RW
- 6X DVD-RW
- 16X max DVD-ROM
- 48X CD-R/ROM
- 32X CD-RW
- 12X DVD-RAM
“The new PX-810UF delivers a solid value proposition for customers,” said Michael Arbisi, vice president of channel sales for Plextor. “The combination of performance, share-ability, and price is outstanding. Everything you need to get started is included with the PX-810UF, including best-of-breed software applications that enable the average user to begin authoring DVDs and editing videos within minutes of removing the drive from its packaging.”
Bouquet of Quality Software applications that comes with PX-810UF:
- Award-winning Roxio® Easy Media Creator™ 9 software suite for burning video, music, photos, and data to DVD or CD.
- BackUp MyPC Archive and Backup software for backing up individual files or an entire system by transferring data to discs or a hard drive.
- CinePlayer DVD-Video Playback for playing all DVD-ROM movies, DVD, and VCD titles. Uses any resolution or color depth video display.
- MvDVD Video Authoring for creating DVD discs using video devices, multimedia clips, and pictures.
- VIDEOWAVE Video Editing for creating professional looking videos by removing unwanted scenes, recording content, and applying special effects.
PX-810UF multi-drive is compatible with the new Windows® Vista™ operating system and features a dual interface with Hi-Speed USB, a 2MB buffer, Buffer Underrun Proof Technology IEEE 1394 (FireWire) making it more effective for small office or professional studio usage. With the latest model users can burn a 4.7 GB DVD+R disc in approximately six minutes.