Pioneer UK is to introduce a new universal DVD-Audio/SACD mini-system into the region 2 market during the month of September. The NS-DV1000, priced at £1,300, will be capable of replaying both ‘high-resolution’ formats and upon launch becomes the first integrated system able to do so.
The system, which is part of Pioneer’s NS-Series of ‘designer’ range, also includes five aluminium satellite loudspeakers whose high-frequency response extends to 60kHz, a dark grey active sub-woofer, integral power amplification, an FM/AM radio tuner with RDS and a remote control designed to operate additional Pioneer components. Brushed aluminium speaker stands are available as an optional extra (in pairs) and can be used to elevate the front left/right and surround left/right loudspeakers. Another unique feature of the NS line is the separate status display – using Pioneer’s Organic Electro-Luminescent display technology – that can be positioned remotely from the main unit, which itself includes removable polished wood-effect side panels ensuring that this contemporary system will suit both traditional and modern living rooms.
The DVD-Video player incorporates a 108MHz 12-bit video DAC and supports CD-DA, VideoCDs, music and video recorded on CD-R/RW discs (including MP3 music files) and video recorded on DVD-R and DVD-RW discs. The transport is also ‘RW Compatible’, which Pioneer explains as meaning it can play not only DVD-RW discs recorded in straightforward DVD-Video format (Video Mode) but also discs that have been recorded (and perhaps edited) in the DVD-Video Recording format (VR Mode).
Key features are listed as follows:
- Unique ‘universal’ playback compatible with DVD-Audio, SACD, SACD multi-channel, DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, VCD and MP3 discs.
- ‘RW Compatible’ – plays DVD-R, DVD-RW discs in Video Mode and Video Recording (VR) Mode
- CD-R, CD-RW compatible including MP3 discs. Un-finalised CD-DA recordings can also be played, although time display and scan/skip functionality is limited due to absence of a Table of Contents.
- Unique OEL Separate Display and Advanced GUI – features sophisticated type font and motion graphics in six languages (English, Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish).
- DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), Dolby Digital and DTS decoding plus Dolby Pro Logic II
- Virtual surround back channel processing (Virtual 6.1 channel).
- TV Surround and Headphone Virtual Surround modes.
- Easy room size set-up and seat position set-up
- 108MHz 12-bit video DAC, digital NR, Super Fine Focus Digital Filter, Mosquito Noise and Block Noise DNR circuits.
- 192kHz 24-bit audio DACs.
- High-quality aluminium construction (with detachable polished wood-effect side panels).
- 2-way satellite speakers with aluminium enclosures.
- Active subwoofer with Nextel-type finish in dark grey.
- High power output: 450watts RMS (total).
- 1 × Euro-SCART socket (input/output, with RGB).
- 3 × composite video inputs (RCA).
- 3 × S-Video inputs.
- 3 × stereo line inputs (RCA pairs.
- 1 × SCART (audio input).
- 1 × composite video (RCA) output.
- 1 × S-Video output.
- 1 × SCART with RGB.
- 2 × Tos-link optical digital inputs.
- 1 × Tos-link optical digital output.