Pioneer unveils two new professional 1080p HD video devices which will be first showcased at the InfoComm 2009 Expo at Orlando, Florida. The two new devices are the BPD-V6000 Professional Blu-Ray Disc Player and HD V9000 Professional HD Video System aimed at serving the growing demand for high end performance, particularly in the area of advertising and digital signage solutions.
“Pioneer is bringing our long experience with high performance, high reliability industrial video players into this emerging space. It’s what we’re known for, and we’re excited to continue this trend with our new professional products. Through our customer research we identified a strong and growing need for HD playback devices with greater control capabilities that would fulfill the evolution of HD within the industrial A/V realm,” said Sandra Benedetto, director of professional video sales and product planning for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.
BPD-V6000 Professional Blu-Ray Disc Player features:
- Serial RS-232C Support: Allows integrators to control the player through multiple external devices
- Enhanced Search Options: Users can navigate through a disc’s title, chapter, and time code menus quickly and easily
- Plays 30, 25, and 24 frames per second (fps): Allows playback of 30, 25, and 24fps HD movie playback on video displays that support this feature
- Professional Graphic User Interface (GUI): Pioneer incorporates a newly designed GUI for improved player setup and internal playlist operation
- BD-Live Capability: One GB of on-board memory allows new video content to be downloaded to the player without having to remaster a BD disc; USB 2.0 port supports external devices to further expand BD-Live storage capacity
- Rack Mount Kit Included
HD V9000 Professional HD Video System features:
- Superior HD Video: The HD-V9000 offers a maximum of 80 megabits per second (Mbps) of MPEG2 and up to 50 Mbps of H.264 video file playback for superior resolution and high quality video
- Advanced Control Solutions: The system is IP addressable and can be accessed through Pioneer’s HD Pilot PC software or its embedded web server; allowing content updates and advanced system management
- Standard Control Solutions: Pioneer’s standard RS-232C command protocol and simple switching matrix found on its other Pro DVD players is also supported
- Text Crawl & Image Overlay: User specified messages, RSS text feeds and BMP graphics (such as logos) can be displayed over video content – ideal for digital signage applications
- Powerful Internal GUI: The internal player interface makes initial setup straightforward and allows basic control in stand-alone settings
- SD Card: The player supports SD/SDHC memory cards (SD Specification Ver. 2.00) at various storage capacities and transfer rates
The Pioneer BDP-V6000 Professional Blu-ray Disc player will begin shipping by September 2009 while the Pioneer HD-V9000 HD Professional HD Video player is expected to be available by the 1st quarter of 2010. No details on pricing have been revealed as of to date.