Chesky Records has released 2 new hybrid Multichannel/Stereo SACDs. This brings the total number of Chesky SACDs to 13. The new SACDs are:
One On One
by Clark Terry
(Chesky SACD 231)
On his landmark album, One On One, legendary trumpeter / flugelhorn player Clark Terry performs intimate duets with 14 of the world’s greatest living pianists.
Conceived as a “tribute” album of sorts, this 96/24 recording spotlights the artistry of not only Terry but also the masters of 20th- century jazz piano and composition: each pianist performs an homage to his or her own jazz hero. As a bonus, every one in this all-star lineup contributes thoughts on these classic artists and a few loving words about Clark Terry for the album’s liner notes.
A once-in-a-lifetime recording for jazz fans and audiophiles alike.
- Just For A Thrill
- Liza All The Clouds’ll Roll
- Intimacy of the Blues
- You Can Depend On Me
- Memories of You
- Honeysuckle Rose
- Willow Grove
- Blue Monk
- Swingin’ the Blues
- Jungle Blues
Great Opera Choruses by Wagner & Verdi
(Chesky SACD 230)
From Austria, the Bruckner Orchester Linz, the Czech Philharmonic Chorus of Brno and the St. Florian Boys’ Choir perform some of the most beloved opera choruses from the works of Wagner & Verdi.
Conducted by Bernhard Klee, this collection of performers create a presentation, which alongside the sonic quality of this Multi-Channel SACD, proves to be incredible.
- Tannhauser: Act II, Scene 4 Chorus – “Freudig Begrussen Wir Die Edle Halle”
- Nabucco: Parte Prima – “Gerusalemme”, Coro D’introduzione
- Parsifal: Act I – “Gurnemanz and Parsifal Now Enter the Mighty Hall of the Castle of the Grail”
- Aida: Gran Finale Atto 2
- Lohengrin: Act III, Scene 1 – “Bridal Chorus”
- Nabucco: Parte Terza – “La Profezia”, Coro D’introduzione
- Nabucco: “Coro di Schiavi Ebrei”
- Tannhauser: Final Chorus – “Heil! Heil! Der Gnade Wunder Heil!”
Both of these new Multichannel/Stereo SACDs sell for $24.95 and are now available for purchase.