Naim, the UK’s leading high-end manufacturer has unveiled n-Vi, an upgradeable high-end integrated DVD-Video, DVD-Audio and CD player, A/V processor, audio preamplifier, and five channel power amplifier at the UK’s Hi-Fi and Home Entertainment show. From launch it will be available with an optional FM/DAB radio module and a video scaler module including an external video input will be available spring 2006. Surround sound modes include Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II.
n-Vi (pronounced “envy”) will be available from Naim franchised retailers worldwide from November 2005. In the UK it will cost Ј2,995 including VAT without the tuner module and Ј3,250 with the module fitted.
Naim’s design team has been aware for some time that many Naim owners are primarily music enthusiasts and while adding A/V to their systems would be a bonus perhaps they were not so convinced as to move to a separate DVD player and A/V processor.
In addition there are many owners and potential owners who wish to have A/V systems but not in the same room as their hi-fi systems.
n-Vi satisfies these demands and brings Naim audio and video performance to a wider audience.
n-Vi includes all the expertise, skills and attention to detail you would expect from a Naim product. The into-one-box integration has not lessened the desire or indeed even the requirement to deliver traditional Naim values of musical performance and the newer values of video and digital signal processing as illustrated by the award winning Naim DVD5 DVD player and AV2 A/V processor.
- DVI Digital video output for direct digital display connection (HCDP enabled)
- Faroudja ‘Progressive scan’ chip set for a smooth, solid and detailed picture
- Scaler/video processor upgrade available spring 2006 giving ‘pixel for pixel’ compatibility with digital display device. Includes an external video input
- Latest generation cirrus logic DVD DSP
- Software upgradeable via CD-ROM – files can be downloaded from Naim’s resource website.
- Three external analogue and three external digital audio inputs for playback of external sources (digital TV, iPod, tape etc)
- High performance Burr Brown 6 channel enhanced multi-level delta-sigma DACs (up to 192kHz/24bit)
- High performance Tripath Class-T® 5 channel amplifier (50W 8 ohms and 90W 4 ohms)
- Audio ‘data straightener’ using a ‘voltage control crystal oscillator’ (VCXO) for low jitter audio conversion
- Upgrade DAB and FM tuner module with clock and alarm features
- Simultaneous progressive scan on the BNC high definition output and interlaced video on Scart video outputs (RGB/YUV, s-video or composite). Ideal for a back room video monitor or display set-up
- High performance, feed forward regulated, low noise SMPS for excellent power to size ratio
- 128Ч64 easy to read PLED graphical display with intelligent font scaling
- Full OSD control with built in test screens for optimum display calibration
- Modular design allows design flexibility and future upgrades for new video and audio formats
- Bi-directional RS232 port for connection for custom install into ‘intelligent homes’
- New Naim NA-Bus for bi-directional control and inter-operability with future Naim products.
- Solid build construction: aluminium chassis and multi-layer FR4 PCBs
- Designed and manufactured in Salisbury, England.