German record label M7 Records has recently released their second DVD-Audio disc.
Titled ‘a due’, the album contains a collection of baroque chamber music for violin and harpsichord, played by Susanne Schuetz (violin) and Christian Weiherer (harpsichord).
The DVD-Audio is a hybrid disc playable on both DVD-Audio and DVD-Video (DTS and Dolby Digital) players. Also included is a separate CD containing a stereo version of the album.
- George Frideric Handel: Sonata for Violin and Harpsichord in d major, op. 1 No. 13, HWV 371
- Johann Kaspar Kerll: Passacaglia in d for harpsichord
- Heinrich Ignaz Franz von Biber: Sonata III for Violin and Harpsichord in f major (1681)
- Johann Ludwig Krebs: Suite II in b minor for harpsichord (from Clavierьbung IV)
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Sonata No. 3 in e major for harpsichord and violin, BWV 1016
The recording was produced in Advanced Resolution (88.2kHz 24-bit) surround sound. During the entire production, tube microphones were used exclusively.
The disc is avaiiable either directly from M7 Records, or can be ordered from http://www.jpc.de/.