Epson has announced the availability of four new affordable projectors today, great visual aid solutions for educational institutions and are relatively easy to use.
The new PowerLite 84, 85, 825, and 826W offer extended lamp life up to 6,000 hours, a built-in closed captioning decoder, USB Plug ‘n Play technology, a powerful internal 10-watt speaker, network connectivity for remote presentations (via wired LAN), and optional wireless connectivity.
The new models are also the first to offer a dedicated microphone input, allowing teachers to amplify their voice using the internal speaker to ensure all students can hear.
The Epson PowerLite 84 and 85 will be available in May 2009, and the PowerLite 825 and 826W will be available in June 2009 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day.
The new suite of projectors offers classroom-centric features, including:
- Extended Lamp Life: Epson’s exclusive E-TORL(R) lamp technology offers more lumens (brightness) per watt than lamps used with competitive projection technology offering similar lumens specification, leading to increased energy efficiency and cost savings over time; using E-TORL, lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps cost up to $200 less than competing replacement lamps
- Microphone Input: Dedicated input allows teachers to use a wireless or wired microphone to amplify voice using the internal 10W speaker, saving the teacher’s voice and ensuring all students can hear; volume can be adjusted using projector or remote control buttons
- USB Plug n’ Play Connectivity: Epson’s proprietary technology offers a unique USB connection for “plug-and-play” projection, including video display with control of PowerPoint presentations using the “page up” and “page down” buttons on the remote
- Closed Captioning: Built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments with no added cost, and helps meet section 508 compliance
- Epson 3LCD Technology: Features Epson’s latest, 3-chip 3LCD optical engine to deliver amazing color and detail for powerful presentations
- Network Monitoring and Control: RJ-45 wired LAN connectivity for remote monitoring and control via a school’s IT network helps saves time and money, regardless of the projector’s physical location
- Easy Maintenance: Dust filter protects projector investment and is located on the side of each projector for easy filter replacement
- Hassle-Free Operation: Instant On and Instant Off(R) to avoid delays when starting and finishing lectures
- Versatile Presentation Modes: Eight special color modes, including blackboard and whiteboard modes, for presenting in a variety of environments
- Setup Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom and +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction for easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings