Cirlinca has announced DVD-Audio Solo, a $35 DVD-Audio authoring application for the PC. The move sees the innovative software developer introduce a DVD-Audio creation package at a consumer-friendly price.
With DVD-Audio Solo, burning a DVD-Audio disc can be as easy as five clicks – explore for audio files, drag and drop, click to burn. Anticipating most users’ needs, DVD-Audio Solo can import audio tracks not only from PC disk files but also from the built-in sound card recording or CD extractor. Savvy users will also appreciate the pro-quality upsampling, the multi-channel import capabilities up to six channels, the still video support and the high-resolution sampling rates up to 196kHz 24-bits. But beyond the advanced yet unobtrusive technology, audiophiles and neophytes alike find the remarkable quality and presence of high-resolution multi-channel audio highly compelling.
Essential DVD-Audio Solo Features:
- Import .WAV and .AIF mono or multi-channel audio files to build tracks.
- Users can associate a unique still video to each track. For example to create a music slide show.
- Built-in extraction of CD tracks and pro-quality upsampling.
- Built-in audio player to preview the tracks before burning.
- Built-in recording facility to record from external analog sources like LP turntable at high resolution.
- Integrated DVD writing engine to write directly to DVD disc without the need for an external writing software.
- Choice of application skins.
- Support 1 to 9 groups, 1 to 99 tracks per group, for a maximum total track count of 314.
- Sampling frequencies of audio sources for import, playback and record: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz, in 16-bit or 24-bit sample size.
- Write to DVD+/-R/W and DVD+R DL (Double Layer) discs.
DVD-Audio is the high-resolution audio companion standard of the ubiquitous DVD-Video standard published by the DVD Forum. Using inexpensive DVD writers and writable DVD discs, users can burn discs with DVD-Audio Solo that play on DVD-Audio capable players and car systems.
About Cirlinca, Inc:
Headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., Cirlinca Inc. develops multimedia consumer software with a focus on bridging legacy and new generation media.
For more information about DVD-Audio Solo, including a downloadable trial version, visit the Cirlinca web site (link below) and watch out for a review of the software here on High Fidelity Review very soon!