Equipped with Woven Kevlar, Crossover Tuning, Nautilus Tapering Tube and, Flowport, Bowers & Wilkins 686 Loudspeaker is available at a price of $450/pair. It is currently available in Black Ash Vinyl, Light Oak Vinyl, Red Cherry Vinyl and Wenge Vinyl finishes. The new model is very compact (10.4” x 6.7” x 9.8” HWD) and features two-way vented design with a 5” Kevlar® bass/midrange driver and a 1” Nautilus™ tube-loaded aluminum dome tweeter. 686 can be installed either way on a bookshelf or stand. The package also includes a wall bracket.
- Crossover Filters: 1st Order – tweeter, 1st Order – bass/midrange
- Crossover frequency: 4 kHz
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 55Hz – 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Max. recommended cable impedance 0.1?
- Net weight: 4.9kg (10.8 lb)
- Nominal impedance: 8? (minimum 5.1?)
- Recommended amplifier power: 25W – 100W into 8? on unclipped programme
- Sensitivity: 84dB spl (2.83V, 1m)