B&W 685 are 2-way loudspeakers with vented-box system designed to meet the requirements of hi-fi or home cinema in small to medium-sized rooms. Priced $600 per pair, these speakers house a 6.5” Kevlar® cone bass/midrange driver and the 1” Nautilus™ tube-loaded tweeter in elegantly designed enclosure. The new pair integrates technologies of 601S3 and the 602S3 in one elegant package. These are simply the best value bookshelf Bowers & Wilkins. 685 speakers can sit on a shelf, table, stand or wall-mount. The speakers come in four colors viz. Light Oak Vinyl, Black Ash Vinyl, Red Cherry Vinyl and Wenge Vinyl.
- Frequency range: -6dB at 42Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 49Hz – 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Nominal impedance: 8? (minimum 3.7?)
- Crossover frequency: 4kHz
- Crossover filters: 1st Order – tweeter, 1st Order – bass/midrange
- Recommended amplifier power: 25W – 100W into 8? on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1?
- Net weight: 7.0kg (15.4 lb)