The Arcam DiVA DV88Plus, the world’s first 625p progressive scan region two DVD platform, is now to include high-performance DVD-Audio. It becomes the DiVA DV89, the first affordable high-end DVD-Audio player from a hi-fi specialist with PAL progressive scan capabilities.
Following the successful global launch in September 2002 of the DV88 Plus DVD player, Arcam now extend the platform to support DVD-Audio. The new DV89 incorporates all the features of the DV88 Plus and adds decoding for high-resolution stereo and multi-channel DVD-Audio discs. High performance Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround decoders for DVD-Video discs are also included.
The care and attention devoted to all aspects of the audio performance also ensures outstanding CD sound quality. Whereas CD replay has nearly always been a weakness of DVD players, the DV89 achieves a sound quality equivalent to that obtained from a good specialist stand alone CD player.
- Audiophile-grade DVD-Audio replay in stereo and surround
- State-of-the-art digital and video design throughout combined with over twenty years of hi-fi experience
- Superbly musical on CD as well
- Class-leading PAL Progressive Scan video
- Zoran Vaddis 5 processor with built-in per pixel motion adaptive progressive scan engine
- Supports both 525p and 625p with certified Macrovision® copy protection
- 6x10bit 54MHz video DACs (with 12-bit internal processing)
- Professional standard Elantec video buffers on all outputs to drive long cables properly
- NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC conversion
- Easy to read on-screen display
- Replays most DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD+RW discs
- 32-bit Zoran audio DSP for optimum fidelity
- 24-bit 192kHz Wolfson audio DACs, with 117dB signal/noise ratio, for all 6 audio channels
- Low jitter audio master clocks
- Supports all DVD-Audio formats
- Multi-channel decoders for Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 formats
- Speaker delay and level management
- Comprehensive bass manager, including user selectable crossover frequencies
- HDCD decoder for CD-DA and comprehensive MP3 decoder
- Dual laser DVD drive reads CD-R and CD-RW discs and most copy protected audio CDs
Available from March 2003 onwards in a choice of black or silver finishes, the DiVA DV89 will be priced at Ј1,299.99. There will also be an upgrade path available for previous Arcam DVD player models. The DV89 will be launched at the Bristol Hi-Fi Show (UK), February 21st.