We all know for a fact that home theater geeks spend a fortune on home theater setup but this one has to be the most expensive ever. For $6 million, that home theater setup should be one of the high end setups you can get to date.
Jeremy Kipnis spent over $6 million for his AV room, a setup that is detailed below.
- Sony SRX-S110 Professional Video Projector (4,096-by-2,160)
- Stewart 18-by-10-foot Snowmatte 1.0 Gain Laboratory-Grade Motion Picture Screen
- Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray Player
- Sony PlayStation 3 Gaming Console
- Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD Player
- JVC HMDH-5U D-VHS Recorder
- SATA Drive (72 HDTV Hours Total)
- Mark Levinson Reference N°33 and N°33H.
- Pioneer HLD-X0 Hi-Vision HDTV MUSE Laserdisc Player
- Theta Digital Generation VIII 32-bit 8x Oversampling Dual Processors (13)
- Mark Levinson N° 33h Amplifiers (2)
- McIntosh MC-2102 Amplifiers (30)
- Crown Macro Reference Gold Amplifiers (3)
- Snell 1800 THX Music & Cinema Reference Subwoofers (16)
- Snell THX Music & Cinema Reference Towers (8)
- MuRata ES103A Super Tweeters (10)
- Snell THX Music & Cinema Reference LCR-2800 Center-Channel Speakers (3)
With these equipment, it isn’t surprising he could rack up such a bill. Well being a music engineer, Kipnis certainly knows what he needs to define home theater rendering. But then again, spending that much seems a bit crazy!